We hope you are all doing well! We are glad to invite you to the Special Interest Group meeting on Geriatric Emergency Medicine (GEM) in older people that will be held during the EuGMS 2020 E-Congress. The meeting will be organized on Friday October 9th 2020, from 10.30 to 12.00 CEST.
The following topics will be discussed during the meeting:
- Brief round of introductions
- #geriEM and COVID: initiatives around Europe
- Publication of the GeriQ-ED (Schuster et al.)
- Update on ongoing projects
- European Research Agenda on GeriEM
- Education/guidelines initiative
- Future plans, European Task Force with EUSEM, others
- Any other business
Please let us know if you want to participate and send an email to info@geriEMEurope.eu. The meeting will be open to SIG members and to any other congress participant willing to join. You will access the meeting from the EuGMS E-Congress platform, www.eugms2020.online, from the section dedicated to SIGs (Main Hall and EuGMS Community). The meeting will be on Zoom and you will not need any specific code or ID to access, you will be directed to the meeting simply by clicking on the name of the SIG.
We hope to see you Friday Oct 9th!
The next meeting where the European Task Force on #geriEM will work on the European Guidelines on Geriatric Emergency Medicine will take place during the weekend of May 9th – 10th 2020 in Leiden, the Netherlands.
During the annual conference of the European Geriatric Medicine Society (EuGMS) in Berling (Octobter 10-12th 2018) there will be interesting #geriEM activities:
Friday October 12th 2018
10:30 hrs: Symposium “Geriatric Emergency Medicine: Old Patients in the New World”
Location: Room 4
- Dr. Faisal Aijaz, Leisester, UK. “Embedding frailty in ED and its impact on patient care.”
- Dr. Yvonne Schoon, Nijmegen, the Netherlands. “Measuring Patient Reported Outcome is feasible in Older Patients attending the Emergency Department.”
- Dr. Els Devriendt, Leuven, Belgium. “The URGENT CARE model and unplanned ED revisits”
12:00 hrs: Meeting of the #geriEM special interest group
Location: Room B95
Everybody who is interested in #geriEM is welcome to join!
During EUSEM 2018 there will be a new and exciting hands-on pre-course on Geriatric Emergency Medicine!
For more information on the goals, tutors and program, go directly to: https://www.eusemcongress.org/en/programme/precourses/geriatric
For the second time, during this years’ EUSEM conference in Glasgow, we will organise a pre-course on Geriatric Emergency Medicine. Stay tuned for more information!
During the EUGMS conference in Berlin, we will organise a Symposium on Geriatric Emergency Medicine. Stay tuned for more details.